Thursday, January 17, 2013

Uno - Learning to Lose

We started playing Uno with Laci last year.  We go through periods where we play every night and then we stop for awhile.  We started playing every night again a few weeks ago.  Tuesday night, Laci and I played for about half an hour.  It was one of those weird nights where I won every single game.  Laci might have won one of the 10 games we played.  It was freakishly odd.  But surprisingly enough Laci handled it very well.  She was obviously upset. But she didn't go crazy or have a tantrum.  I was proud of her.  She is 5 years old and 5 year olds don't lose well.  I think she plays a lot of games at YMCA care at school with older kids and probably loses a lot there too.  Learning to lose gracefully is a good skill to have. 

We played Uno last night with Charlie.  Again, she only won once and Charlie and I won the rest of the games.  But she still reacted and behaved very well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment