Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Katy Perry and Peyton Manning

It's probably safe to say that Laci may be the only child who confuses Katy Perry and Peyton Manning.  The only reason I can think of is because Perry and Peyton both start with P?  It took me a few months to realize that this is what she is doing but it finally clicked the other day.  She loves Fireworks by Katy Perry.

1.  In February, when I put make up on Laci for the first time for her dance recital, she looked in the mirror and said "I look just like Peyton Manning!"  Seemed odd at the time but now I think she meant Katy Perry.

2.  A few months ago, she mentioned Peyton Manning and I said "Do you know even know who Peyton Manning is?"  Her response "A famous singer?"  I think we have all heard his duet with Kenny Chesney (Whatever it takes) and can confirm he is not a singer.  :)  She meant Katy Perry.

3.  A few weeks ago, we went to see Smurfs 2.  As the credits were rolling, I realized that the voice of Smurfette was Katy Perry.  In the car, I told her that.  Her response:  "The football player?"  Goodness.... now she has confused it the other way.  

It is fun to have her know a little bit more about pop culture even if she gets most of it wrong.  Justin Bieber is still Justin Beaver.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment