Saturday, November 17, 2012

Brave

Sometimes Laci is too clingy too me and doesn't want to do things by herself without me.  Sometimes she surprises me.  Last night was movie night at school.  I forgot about it.  But when I picked her up, she reminded me it was movie night.  But last night it was for kids only.  I asked if she wanted to go by herself.  She said she would think about it.  It was 5:10 at this point and movie night started at 6 so she needed to think quickly.  She decided to go.  We quickly had dinner at Taco Bell and headed over to the school to drop her off.  As we pulled up, I whispered to Charlie to not be surprised if we both walked back out.  But she did great.  I signed her in, helped her with the coat and she walked into the dark gym (the movie was about to start) to find a spot on the bleachers all by herself.  And I left.

It was a weird feeling leaving her.  I am still getting used to it.  Charlie, Calvin and I drove around and then went home to watch Bubble Guppies.  Right now Calvin must watch Bubble Guppies 24 hours a day.  :)  I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked her up.  Mass Chaos.  I went into the gym and the movie was just about over.  Kids were screaming and running everywhere.  :)  I'm not sure anyone was watching the movie.  I saw Laci on the bleachers with our neighbor who is in the PTA.  I talked to her and she said Laci did great.  She was really sweet but towards the end said she was ready to go.  I'm so proud of her for going all by herself.  I knew she was nervous but she did great. 

I was also a little nervous because the movie, ironically was Brave.  I hadn't let her watch that movie yet because I had heard it was a little scary.  I wasn't sure how she would do by herself if she got scared.  On the way home I told her I was proud of her for going.  She said she was glad she made a decision.  Sometimes she struggles with choices and decisions.  Later I asked her if she wanted the movie Brave for Christmas.  I laughed when she said "no, it was too dark."  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment