Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I did it!

I need to get caught up on blogging... 

This should have been written a few weeks ago.  But I did it! I finished my running goal.  My goal for this year was 400 miles.  I was on a really good pace to finish in October.  Then October hit.  Work got super busy and it looked like I wasn't going to be able to finish.  I know I had to the end of the year but the closer I got, the more I wanted to finish early.  By October 15, I looked at my schedule and if everything worked out perfectly and no meetings came up, I would finish on October 31!  Nothing ever works out that perfectly.  On October 31, I had 6 miles left.  Then I thought I could finish November 1... 3... 7... November 15 I finally got that final run in!  I finished my 400 miles. 

I only ran one time after that so my year is finishing at 405 miles.  I'm happy with that.  Now I can spend December running errands, working through lunch and what I am now calling "Free Style December".  That just means I can do whatever I want if I do make it to the gym.  Last week I did the elliptical machine.  I hate the elliptical machine.  It seems like a dumb machine.  But Free Style December it doesn't matter and I can try all the dumb machine.  This week I might try the stepper... or the bike.  It doesn't matter because it's Free Style December. 

I'm just glad I accomplished my goal.  Next year my goal is 400 miles again.  But maybe I can actually finish the 400 miles in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment