Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big Decisions

We just got back from vacation and I will write more musings, thoughts and stories on that later.  But just to vent, making big decisions is hard.  Making big decisions that affect the life of your child is even harder.  Having to make those big decisions with the other parent is even harder than that.  Charlie and I have a big decision to make.  We're frustrated because the first half of the decision was made for us by our daycare.  So we are going to frustrate Laci somehow and take away something she was already told she could have.  In the big picture of life, what she is going to have to do will hurt now but now be a blimp on the rest of her life.  But the decision Charlie and I have to make for her is bigger and may affect her negatively or positively over the course of the next 18 years. 

I am a gut decision maker.  I listen and trust my gut.  That is okay for me.  But is that good enough for Laci?  Charlie does not work off his gut.  Can our reasoning and different decision making methods come to the same conclusions?  What to do, what to do!?!

Right now I am going downstairs because I hear them walking in the door with my birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment