Friday, June 22, 2012

Bye Bye Boppy

Is the boppy (pacifier) gone?  I am sure I am speaking too soon but maybe.  Charlie has been on a kick for a few weeks to take the paci away.  I am more lenient.  They don't allow him to have it at school which I am fine with.  But I usually give it to him when I pick him up - to lots of disappointing looks from the teachers.  That bugs me - if I don't mind him having the pacifier at night, they shouldn't either.  We have gotten to the point that if he doesn't ask for it, we don't give it to him.  

This week was rough.  Two year molars are tough and painful.  He didn't slept well at all.  Monday night, when Charlie wasn't home, he woke up crying every hour from 7:30 - 6 a.m.  That makes a long night for mama.  Tuesday night was better - he only woke up every two hours from 7:30 - 6 a.m.  Wednesday night, we thought he had turned a corner and he slept from 10 - 3:45.  Unfortunately, he was up for the day at 3:45.  Last night he finally slept all night.  Maybe the molars have finally come through.  He had rough days at school too.  

 
But in all of the bad sleeping, the normal "go back to sleep" tricks didn't work.  He didn't want Ninny (blanket) or boppy.  Sometimes he would be picky and reject the first one or two I handed him and only take a specific one.  Sometimes he would actually hand the boppy to me or throw it across the room.  Is he done with the boppy or does his teeth hurt and the boppy doesn't help?

I don't know.  Last night, he rejected the first two boppies I handed him at bedtime.  I went downstairs and got three more.  I felt like a dealer offering him 5 boppies saying "take your pick".  But then I realized he had settled down while I was collecting the stash of boppies.  So I just left the room.  And didn't hear another peep ... until 3:45 when another small person fell out of her bed.  But she went right back to sleep after a kiss and a hug. 

Are we done with the boppy?  Could it have been that easy?  Probably not.  But it does look like we are on the right track.  Oh, an update on the potty training that I was so excited about last week.  The novelty is gone.  I think we still have a long road ahead of us.  He has gone a couple of other times but it is much more fun to run into the bathroom and play with toothbrushes than actually use the potty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment