Thursday, July 5, 2012

God at Work

I love a good God at Work story.  Here is my little one of the day.  Without going into too much detail, I learned some information this week that I am worried about - some changes I need to make.  I was on the treadmill today at lunch and two people were talking about the exact same problem I have.  I did something I have never done before - I butted into the conversation and asked the lady next to me about it.  I never talk to people when I run - I'd be out of breath.  But the coincedence was too big.  Her situation is very similar to mine and it was nice to have someone to ask questions to.  I have no idea who this lady was and will probably never see her again.  But I'm sure she was put in my path today for a reason.  It was encouraging. 

Speaking of running, the reason I was running today is because I had a never discouraging run yesterday.  I ran a Fourth of July 4.5 mile run.  It was awful.  I had really been looking forward to it and had set a goal of 40 minutes.  Based on my training on the treadmill, I should have had no problems achieving that.  But it was so hot yesterday.  Even at 8 am, it was already 80 degrees out.  It was a horrible run.  I started off strong and slowly got worse.  At 3 miles in I was ready to give up and walk the rest of the way.   I walked more than I planned but at least I finished - in 42 min 30 sec.  The positive thing is that I found out that my GPS watch was very accurate and I liked using the pace feature.  The first mile was great.  While it was discouraging to see my pace slow, it never slowed as much as I thought it might.  So I ran today to make sure I would not give up on running.  And ended up with a great run (4.5 miles in 40 minutes) and full of information.  It restored my faith in running and in God-incedences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment