Thursday, February 7, 2013

Reading herself to sleep

A few nights last week, Laci asked if she could read to herself before bed.  This is what she looked like when I went to check on her a little while later.  I love that it looks like she is reading to her animals.  

She often reminds me of the parable of the lost sheep with her animals.  She has about 15 - 20 stuffed animals on her bed at all times.  Every night she arranges them just so.  Occasionally she will cry out because one is missing.  We have to tear about her room looking for it.  I am always amazed she knows where each and every one goes and when one is missing.  I love how caring and nurturing she is. 
 
We had to rearrange everyone's sleeping spot a few nights ago because she kept falling out of bed.  There are so many on her bed, that she was sleeping on just a small sliver on the bed.  The funny thing is that she never realized she would fall out of bed.  Charlie would hear a thump and go find her still asleep curled up on the floor. 
I have written before about how difficult bedtime for us was for a long time.  Now it is so wonderful.  We read a book.  She reads a book.  I give her a hug and kiss, turn out the light and walk out.  Sometimes I need to go back a few minutes later.  Other times she goes right to sleep on her own.  She's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment