Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dream vs Reality....

I had this beautiful image of waking up Mother's Day morning, sipping coffee on the deck with my kids.  Last Sunday, it was gray, rainy and cold.  This morning was beautiful so the three of us headed to the deck with our coffees, breakfast and jammies. 

Reality was not the same as my beautiful image.  I forgot about dew, freshly cut grass and wet bums from wet lawn chairs.  I forgot about trees and neighbors taking walks.  It turns out we aren't the only ones outside in our jammies!  The reality was grass and dirt over everything.

Fortunately, I was able to get over it quickly and enjoy my dirty kids dancing and playing soccer in the wet lawn full of grass clippings at 8:00 a.m.  They are now in the bathtub cleaning up.  Laci is making funny hairdos with Calvin's soapy hair.  Water, soap and grass clippings cover the bathroom floor.  Yep - that is better than my original Mother's Day image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment