Tuesday, February 28, 2012

McDonalds Goodness - Full of Fruit

McDonald's and goodness don't often go together.  I don't know if these are common in other parts of the country but we are fortunate to live near two "goodness" and "faithful" McDonalds.  The first one built is "faithful".  It is a regular McDonalds - one of the modern ones with cafe sitting, a fireplace and some lounge chairs.  But there is also a giant Bible on the wall.  The "Goodness" McDonald's opened closer to us a few months ago.  Again, it is a regular McDonalds.  It even has a "wifi" bar.  But in the glass windows surrounding two of the tables where we usually sit have the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5) listed - Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self-Control.  They don't throw the faith at you but just carefully place it around.  It's very subtle.  Whenever we eat there (more often then I should admit), I always make a point to read the Fruits of the Spirit to Laci.  I tried to memorize them all several years ago but I still usually miss one or two.  Laci actually corrected me last week and added the one I missed.  She has learned a song at school called "Self-Control" which was a good segway to our Fruits of the Spirit lesson.  Somehow in the first twenty years of my Christian education, I missed the Fruits of the Spirit completely.  I didn't learn about them at all until a Disciple Bible Study I did years ago.  I am glad that I have this subtle way to teach them to Laci.  And at what better place than her favorite spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment