Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Magic Treadmill

I got a run in today.  Due to schedule, the closed gym, etc. I had to take a full week off.  I don't know why Charlie does his streak running.  After a week off, I feel great - much better today.  I had been running about every other day and in the afternoons after my run, I was so tired and beat.  It hardly made the run worth it.  Rest does me good.  I feel good this afternoon.  I didn't get to use my "magic" treadmill.  There is one treadmill, Treadmill 5, at my workout room that I had dubbed the "magic treadmill".  I don't know what it is about it.  But I am faster on it.  I typically run at 6.7 - 6.8 on a regular treadmill.  Towards the end of last year before my Christmas running break, I was running on average 7.0 - 7.2.  I hope to get back there again in a few months.  But on my magic treadmill, I can run at an average of 7.0 now.  At my peak, I average 7.3 - 7.4 on treadmill 5.  My assumption is that the treadmill isn't calibrated corrected.  That makes sense.  But what doesn't make sense is that I can run on Treadmill 5 continuously for 35 minutes without stopping to walk.  I have endurance on that treadmill.  Today, on a regular treadmill, I walked three times.  I have no problem walking every mile or two and taking a break.  But it strange that I have endurance on my magic treadmill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment