Sunday, March 3, 2013

Still my baby...

I blogged a couple of years ago about how when I visit a friend with a new baby - particulary their first, all the memories of my first baby (and second) come flooding back.  Recently a friend of mine had her first baby and I am going through all those memories again.  Every picture she posts I can remember my baby doing those same adorable things.  But now my kids are growing up, as the cliche goes... too quickly.

Calvin has a terrible cold right now.  His nose is running constantly.  He has a low fever and he is so mopey.  The worst is his cough.  It's so hard to hear him cough especially through the night.  I  know there is nothing I can really do to help him feel better.  He has to wait this out.  Saturday night he started coughing at about 10.  I tried to calm him down and get him back to sleep but the cough wouldn't stop. I finally just held him in my bed while I watched TV.  The memories of those beginning few weeks where I spent so much time just holding my babies.  Just holding them.  He fell right asleep and finally stopped coughing for awhile.  I help him for about half an hour. Just holding him.  I stared at him and saw his beautiful baby face.  He is right at the in-between phase of toddler to big boy.  But he will always be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment