Friday, March 30, 2012

We are so blessed.

I have had a bad week.  The week started with some bad days and just turned into a bad week.  I felt like I struggled in all aspects - work, children, husband.  The only thing that kept me going is remembering that all bad weeks come to an end and next week will be a good week.  This I know.  Plus, it helps knowing that tonight I am going out with some friends.  I need that!  

I love following blogs.  One that my mom told me about is the family of one of her preschool students.  Their youngest daughter was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Musclue Atrophy) last year.  I won't go into the details because I don't understand them.  This little girl is Calvin's age.  It is hard to see the toddler in her around her medical difficulties.  But she is a toddler.  A happy energetic toddler that wants everything he wants.  She just has more challenges and struggles.  Their most recent post was of her g-tube for feeding that she just got.  I have a woman in my small group at church with a 2 year old with a g-tube.  I never knew what all that meant until I started reading about it and talking to her.  I know more now.  These children are amazing for what they go through and the smiles they have.  Their smilies in the midst of their challenges make me smile.  I also read a blog occasionally of a friend of a friend with a toddler Calvin's age.  Yesterday, they posted about a minor defect their daughter has in her arm/hand.  They are in Boston now for surgery.  

Suddenly my bad week wasn't so bad.  We have two healthy children that are thriving.  We are so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment