Monday, August 20, 2012

Another First ... after a family morning.

Today Calvin's daycare was closed for teacher training.  So I stayed home with him.  It was such a nice, rare family moment Monday.  Charlie got up and went running at the regular time.  Calvin usually gets up between 7 - 7:15 on the weekends.  He was up at 6:30 today.  So I brought him in bed with me and we snuggled and watched TV.  When Charlie got home, he joined us.  It may have been the first time we had a "peanut butter" sandwich with Calvin.  A few minutes later, Laci walked in.  Of course, Calvin immediately yelled "Laci go away... Laci No" as she climbed in bed with us.  He did not want her spoiling his mommy and daddy moment.  But our rare Monday morning, peanut butter and jelly sandwich was just perfect. 

Because I was going to be home, Laci took the bus to school and home.  I don't know who was more nervous - me or her.  Oh wait, I do know - ME.  She was so excited.  I was nervous.  My nervousness was so silly - all logistics.  What if we go to the wrong bus stop or the wrong corner.  What if they don't take her because she didn't ride the bus the first three days.  What if we miss the bus?

Of course,  my fears were all silly.  The morning was pretty leisurely.  Her bus doesn't come until 8:30 a.m.  So we went outside at 8:15 and just hung out on the corner.  She is the only kid at her corner but we could see two other stops with several kids waiting.  The bus driver was surprised to see her but knew who she was.  Laci want sit in the back even though I told her kindergarteners had to sit in the front.  The bus driver directed to her to assigned seat.  As she drove off, Calvin said "Bye bye Laci.  See you later." 

Calvin and I had a busy morning running errands and we went out to lunch.  It was nice.  I had one more errand I wanted to do but I also wanted to take a long walk with him.  He took a super long nap.  So the errand will have to wait.  Walks with my baby don't come often and they always come first. 

At 8:30 when we dropped Laci off, 4:00 seemed forever away.  But really, 4:00 to meet the bus came pretty quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment