Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Annie

The night before Thanksgiving, we had a "girls night out" with my nieces and sisters.  We all went to see the musical Annie.  I love musicals and I was so excited to share it with my daughter.  My only concern was the late time.  Laci is usually asleep by 9 and can barely stay awake until 10 on a weekend.  We were on central time and everything was an hour later.  The play didn't start until 7:30 / 8:30.  But I knew she would be fine and I didn't want to be a fuddy duddy because of bed time.

It was so fun to get all dressed up with the girls and go to the theatre.  Laci loves her older cousins and considers herself a "big girl" with them.  Our seats were slightly spread out in a small section.  Laci cried when she realized she wasn't sitting with the girls but we figured out a way for the 4 of them to sit together and three moms to sit right in front of them.  Laci did great for the first half but got tired and wigglying towards the end.  At intermission, the girls walked around looking at the theatre again.  I had her sit on my lap for the second half and she fell asleep after a few minutes.  We didn't leave the theatre until 11 eastern time and she didn't get into bed until almost midnight.  But she had such a great time.

She is now obsessed with Annie.  She has sung Tomorrow for 3 days straight and is begging for the movie for Christmas.  She told Charlie that she is in love with Annie.  So he came home tonight just to take her to the library to rent the movie because she just can't wait until Christmas!  So right now we are watching Annie.  I am sure the first of many many times!   

No comments:

Post a Comment