Sunday, December 16, 2012

I've got the joy wiggles

Lately, I have been pretty wiggly.  I don't know if it is the coffee or the Christmas season.  But I am wiggly.  At work I'm wiggly.  I just want to dance around the office.  Skip down the hallway.  How goofy is that.  It's totally not work related.  I am in the middle of a very stressful time at work.  I don't remember the last time I was so overwhelmed and stressed at work.  But I can't stop dancing.  Maybe it really is the coffee and Diet Coke.  Or maybe it's just in the afternoon and I have the afternoon wiggles.  I have to confess that a couple of times I have snuck off to the bathroom to do a little dance.  Others can not see the little dance.  They wouldn't understand.

But I know what the real reason is.  It's joy.  Not happiness... Joy.  I always read about the "secret of happiness" or the "search for happiness".  I am not looking to be happy.  I want joy.  Real joy.  Joy that lives in my heart.  Joy that overcomes external circumstances.  Joy is real and unconditional.  To me, happiness is external and can be conditional.  Joy is the Holy Spirit living in my heart.  My wish for all is joy.  I am so thankful to be filled with joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment