Friday, June 7, 2013

Be the person I want them to be.

Charlie and I both have a tendency to beat ourselves up sometimes.  And sometimes we forget that the kids are watching and listening.  The other day I got upset with Laci.  I said some things I shouldn't have and really regretted it.  Laci ran off to her bedroom crying.  I finally got her to sit on the steps with me and talk.  She starting beating herself up with the exact words I use when I get upset.  It broke my heart to hear her say that.  I asked her if she had heard me say those words.  I want her to own up to her behavior and learn from her mistakes but that night was just too much for a 5 year old to be feeling and saying.  It was just a reminder that they watch us and learn from us.  I need to keep that in the forefront - that I need to be the model for her and display the traits that I want her to have.  Be the kind of person I want her to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment