Friday, June 21, 2013

I saw a mouth....

I knew it was bound to happen.  After almost 9 months, I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner.  Calvin gets his anti-seizure medicine, Keppra, twice a day in a liquid syringe.  Occassionally Laci takes allergy medicine at night.  And I have worked hard not to mix the two medicines with the wrong child.  Tonight, I put the Keppra in the syringe, a child walked in, I saw a mouth and popped the syringe in.  A second later, I realized it was LACI!  Whoops!  She sort of looked at me funny as I realized what I did.  "Spit it out... Spit it out!"  She spit it out and said she didn't swallow anything.  We hate the Keppra anyway and I already always worry about giving it to Calvin all the time.  She's twice the size of Calvin so hopefully any small amount wouldn't affect her (cause seizures).   But still... ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment