Monday, June 20, 2011

Pulled together or barely hanging on by a thread.

Last night I had a meltdown.  I would like to say that I have these infrequently but these days they are more common than I would like to admit.  I won't get into specifics but it was a typical night with a tired preschooler and a teething baby.  As I brushed my teeth and looked in the mirror I thought to myself, "I am barely hanging on by a thread!  How do other moms do it?"  It seems like some moms have it all together.  Their children's clothes match.  They never complain.  They do it all.  They always remember the diaper bag and more importantly, they remember to put diapers in the diaper bag.  They take their children on fun outings. 

I don't know what goes on those really put together mom's homes.  Maybe they aren't quite as put together as they appear.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is a good day if they are safe, fed, healthy and well loved.  If I can get those things done, I'm doing my job - even if I am barely hanging on by a thread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment