Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reliving the Beginning

I may be a self absorbed person.  I am really enjoying reading the blog and facebook posts of a friend who just had their first baby.  And all I can do is smile and relive the first few days of Laci's life.  Bringing her home, taking her on a walk, feeding her and changing her in the middle of the night.  Just staring at her all day long.  I have been blessed with two great newborns.  Laci had a period when she was 6 weeks old that was tough.  We struggled for a few weeks.  But other than that, the beginning was great.  I remember hearing from so many others about that moment with your newborn when you get home and you just stare at your baby and think "now what?"  I really looked forward to that moment.  I loved that moment.  I love hearing about other's birth stories and reliving my kids births.  They were so different.  Calvin's was the best ever - two and a half hours of labor and bam, he was out.  Laci's, not so much.  Perfect is not how I would describe it.  It was horrible.  

I do the same thing at weddings - I just relive my wedding and think about how perfect it was.  There are very few things, if any, that I would change.  It's ours and it was perfect.  Of course, I may have rose colored glasses and would have thought it was perfect if was in the middle of a blizzard and everything went wrong.  It was perfect because that was the day Charlie and I got married and our family began.  Maybe more on that another day. 

I remember hearing from others that babies grow up too quickly.  And it does.  I still can't believe Calvin is 9 months old already!  It seems like so long ago and just yesterday at the same time that I was pregnant with him.  I don't want to give this new family any advice - it would all be cliches anyway.  It really just has to be lived!  So I will keep reading as long as they will share and as happy as I am for them, I will only be thinking of myself and my special time with my babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment