Monday, April 11, 2011

Stop Talking!



There are the cliches about the things we learn from our children.  Patience is always one of them.  I have discovered that Laci just likes to sit and enjoy the outside.  The other day, we went for a walk and decided to stop by the pond to see if our fish and turtle friends were out yet.  We talked about bringing bread for the fish.  She reminded me that we need to bring 3 pieces of bread - one for the fish, one for the turtles and one for her because she will get hungry on the walk over.  She sat on the little wall next to the path to look at the water.  I sat next to her and started to go on and on about how much I enjoy spending these moments with her.  She calmly said "Stop Talking."  Wow - good reminder.  Sometimes these quiet moments are best to be enjoyed quietly, without talking.  I found it ironic coming from the little girl who talks the other 99% of the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment