Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm just going to Zumba...

Today was a special night.  It was an ordinary night but Charlie was home for dinner!  Due to work and golf schedules, it has been several months since the 4 of us had dinner together.  It was nice.  After dinner we took a walk, Calvin in the stroller and Laci in the wagon.  We passed a minivan pulling out of a driveway with a little girl running behind, crying and trying to chase it.  The mom leaned out the window, shrugged at us and said "I'm just going to Zumba".  I smiled and said "I've been there.  We go through that all the time."  Charlie and I looked at each other and laughed because it is comforting to know that we aren't the only ones who go through drama when Mom leaves the house.

Last week, we were at the park with a neighbor and her girls.  I had to leave to go to a church meeting and Laci cried and screamed.  My neighbor laughed as she realized too that she isn't the only one to go through that scene.  I assured her that we have the drama all the time when I leave the house and told her it is nice to hear that I am not the only one!

Back to our walk tonight - Laci had put an umbrella in her wagon last week "just in case".  Tonight, it started sprinkling and raining on our walk.  Fortunately one of us was prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment