Thursday, January 12, 2012

She's back!

Baby Ariel is back!  Yeah!  She was in Calvin's cubby this morning.  Yes, she was in Calvin's cubby.  In an ironic twist of fate, it was the daughter of Calvin's new teacher who accidently took the day.  I know it was completely unintentional and the little girl just grabbed a doll that looked like hers.  I talked to Laci's teacher about it and she talked to the little's girls mother.  She even put a sign on the blackboard that said "Missing Baby Ariel".  I really hope that I didn't come across rude or accusatory.  I was just asking in case a mistake had been made.  I am pretty sensitive about the entire thing now.  I think we have all learned a few lessons.  I hope Laci learned a little bit about responsibility.  We talked a lot about responsibility this week.  Here is the biggest thing we learned - PUT LACI's NAME ON HER DOLLS BEFORE BRINING THEM TO SCHOOL!  I don't know why we didn't do it before!

Speaking of Laci and responsibility, she must be learning something somewhere.  Last night at dinner she spilled her milk.  In the past, she has cried.  She has literally cried over spilled milk.  Last night, as I went to get a paper towel and wash cloth, she stopped me and explained that she needed to clean up the mess because she made the mess.  I was proud.  I was also a little concerned about the stickiness factor since she isn't great at cleaning up.  Later, when she wasn't looking, I cleaned up the floor again.  But Laci is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment