Saturday, July 9, 2011

Can't catch a break...

Calvin can not catch a break. He woke up on the 4th of July with 101.5 fever.  I don't mess around with fevers.  I popped him in the car and took him to med check.  Fevers in Calvin mean ear infections.  I was glad to make it through the entire month of June without any infections.  But the med check was closed for the 4th of July!  What about all the crazies blowing themselves up with fireworks?  They may need urgent care on the 4th of July.  I didn't think an ear infection was ER worthy and he played fine all day.  But that night, his fever was back to 103.5.  Charlie stayed home with him Tuesday and he was diagnosed with a sinus infection and given amoxicillin.  I stayed home with him Wednesday because his fever just wasn't staying down.  But Friday night, I noticed a rash all over his body.  I wasn't sure if it was a reaction to the amoxicillin or heat rash.  I didn't give him any medicine and decided to see how he was in the morning.  He has been on amoxicillin several times before but I hadn't noticed any issues.  In the morning, his eye was crusty and completely swollen shut!  He looked like he was in a fight with the bears on his mobile and lost.  Off to med check we went.  He has pink eye and the doctor thinks he is allergic to amoxicillin.  So he has had eye drops all day and a new antibiotic.  I hate giving him these antibiotics but I know he needs to get better.  By tonight, the swelling has gone down and now his eye is just purple.  I hope it isn't hurting him.  We will finish his one year book with a swollen eye.  I hope he looks and feels better for his birthday tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment