Monday, August 8, 2011

A little goes a long way...

A little goes a long way.  That has become a new motto in our house.  I have found it has lots of practical uses and may be a good guide for life. My first use of the motto was for make up.  Laci obviously doesn't wear make up but I started saying it when she puts on chapstick, her makeup.   I figured it is never too early to learn that a little makeup goes a long way.  Then I started saying it with the bubble bath.  A little bubble bath can make a lot of bubbles.  A little chocolate syrup goes a long way in the milk.  Then Laci started repeating it to me.  She really does listen to me!  Tonight I was pouring her some juice.  "A little goes a long way" she reminded me.  We still mix her juice with water and she doesn't complain.  A little juice goes a long way in a cup of water. 
The next lessons that lessons that I hope she learns with this motto are how to treat people.  A little kindness goes a long way towards people.  A little thank you goes a long way.  I'm sure that there are many more applications for our new motto that we will learn though the years.  But I like the way it is starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment