Monday, May 23, 2011

Calvin can stand

Calvin can stand.  He has been trying for weeks to get up and has been stuck on his knees.  But today he stood.  How did this happen?  He is just a baby.  My little bitty baby.  Sometimes I forget I have a baby.  I know that sounds weird.  But Laci is so demanding and Calvin is so easy going.  He's easy to be overlooked.  The poor second child syndrome.  Laci's babyhood went by so fast.  I accidently blinked and now she is a little girl.  It's happening with Calvin too. Sometimes I just stare at him and try to imprint his little features in my brain.  His little laugh.  His smile.  I thought Laci's babyhood would be imprinted in my brain forever.  Thank goodness for scrapbooks and pictures.  Charlie sent me this picture this morning.  I can't stop staring at it. Look at his concentration.  Look at his pudgy little fingers.  We stopped by the newborn room at school the other day.  They are so tiny!  Calvin's a giant.  And my little bitty baby at the same time.  The only thing that comforts me in remembering that Calvin is growing up is that I remember that every stage is better than the last.  It just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment