Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Grandma's Hands

One thing I always remember about my grandma is her hands.  They were old lady hands.  She was an old lady.  This is a good thing.  She had a wonderful, long life and lived to be 87 years old.  I am so thankful for the time we had together.  She was a very special part of my life and I still miss her.  Now when I look at my mom's hands, I see my grandma's hands.  I see all the things I love about my grandma and my mom and their lives in her hands.  My mom is not old but she is in the next phase of life - she's a grandma.  She has grandma hands.  I look at my own hands and I wonder if my mom's hands are in there.  I wonder if my hands will become my grandma's hands too someday.  I look at Laci's hands and still see pudgy baby hands.  They are little girl hands.  In between a baby and a child.  She is very much a little girl and doesn't have many baby features left.  Except her little hands.  They will soon be a child's hand, then a teenager's hand.  Someday they may be a mother's hands and eventually my grandmother's hands too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment