Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I am a Runner


I am a runner.  I use the term loosely.  I am a very casual runner.  I am not a marathon runner like my brother.  I am not devoted to a "streak" like my husband.  I am a lunchtime, treadmill runner.  I am very fortunate that my office park as a gym that is free for my use.  I can get in and out in an hour.  The hour prevents me from running very long distances and I am limited to 4 miles a run.  But the lunchtime hour allows me to get my run in without taking any time away from my children.  I don't have to get up early like my husband or workout late after the kids are bed because at that point, I am asleep too.  I have a goal - 400 miles this year.  The last month has been pretty crazy.  I haven't had a lot of lunch hours to run.  Work keeps getting the way.  But I am still on track.  I can occasionally get a weekend Sunday afternoon run in too when the chores and errands are done. I am not the fastest runner but I can push myself and I am slowly increasing speed.  I walk when I want to and am proud of myself when I can get the 4 miles in without walking.  But my running is something I can do for me.  It's the small bits of "me" time I can still have without taking away from kid time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment