Saturday, November 19, 2011

My little girl

I know this is not politically correct and not something I am supposed to say but I love having a daughter.  I would love to be a mother of two boys.  But I am not.  I am the mother of a son and a daughter.  The best of both worlds, right?  Honestly, I love having a little girl.  I love spending time with her and going on "coffee dates" and holding hands.  I love playing with her dolls and looking at the girl toys with her at the store.  I love the girly stuff to do with her.  I am not even a girly girl.  I love her long hair and tights and dress shoes.  I love everything that comes with a little girl.  I love seeing the world through her eyes.  I look forward to the crazy teenage years - the good and the bad.  My relationship with my own mother is not what I want it to be.   I want the mother/daughter relationship with Laci that I wish I had with her.  Sometimes I wish Laci had a sister because I am so close to my sister but I am glad she has a brother too.  So I really do have the best of both worlds with my little girl and my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment